22/04/2014 - 06:30 PM
BioTech Annecto is partnering up with BioFuelNet Canada to bring together the biofuel community in Montreal around the topic:
Biojet Fuel: Aviation Goes Green!
Aviation biofuel, also known as biojet fuel, is one of the most promising options for the air transport industry to continue its growth while simultaneously reducing emissions. The industry has set ambitious targets that include achieving carbon-neutral growth starting in 2020 and a 50% reduction in emissions, relative to 2005 levels by 2050, and it is widely accepted that these targets can only be achieved if biojet fuel displaces fossil jet fuel on a large scale. In the past five years, biojet fuel has progressed from dream to reality, with over 1500 successful flights having taken place.
This session will provide an overview the basic principles of biojet fuel, including the following:
- The most promising sources of biomass
- The basic types of biojet fuel
- Challenges and opportunities
- The role of emissions trading schemes in incentivising biojet use
- The biojet landscape in Canada in the coming years
- Jorin Mamen, Executive Director and Network Manager, BioFuelNet Canada
- Myrka Manzo, Environmental Affairs, Air Canada
Venue: Pub L'Ile Noire, 1649 Rue Saint-Denis, Montréal, QC H2X 3K4
Time: 6:30 pm to 9:30pm
Cost: $15 (up to 48h before the event) / $20 regular price. Drinks not included in the price. Bar is available.
Please login to the site, using LinkedIn preferably, to be able to register for the event.